Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Staff Profiles: The People of Perelandra

One of the things that makes Perelandra so special is our wonderful staff! We are truly fortunate to have employees are from all over the world with very diverse skill sets and backgrounds, and they are instrumental in creating the "great energy" that our store is famous for. Our customers rely on our staff to answer their questions, help them find what they're looking for, suggest products and to be a friendly face in this big city. Get to know Hannia, one of Perelandra's assistant managers in this week's staff profile. 

Hannia in Rome, Italy this past March
Name: Hannia

Hometown: Dominican Republic

How long have you lived in New York City?
23 years

Length of time working at Perelandra:
1 year, 1 month


 

 

What are your favorite products at Perelandra?

E3 Live: "It works wonders. I feel so much better when I take it."
Dr. Bronner's Coconut Oil: "I use it on my hair. It's really moisturizing without a smell or build up."
Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly: "I use it at night instead of a moisturizer, it's really good for the skin".

What is your favorite thing about working at Perelandra?

"I love organic foods and am very health oriented, so I love being surrounded by them. I also really like talking to people, and I get to do it all day here. It's weird because I am a shy person, but I really enjoy talking to people here."

What's the most important thing you've learned since you started working here?

"That you can be on a budget and still afford healthy food. Also, a co-worker taught me about being vegan and the Elimination Diet, and it really affects the way you feel. My skin cleared up and I feel better. It's not all hype!"

Some things we love about Hannia:

"She is so sweet, incredibly hard working, reliable and has a very kind demeanor." -Allison
"Her sense of calm. She is so reliable and trusting." -Nicole
"I love how she is very focused and can translate for spanish speakers. She is very responsible, hard working, never complains and is sassy!" -Effie
"She's really funny and cool." -Myles
"She has a great sense of humor and is very hardworking." -Brittaney
"She's easy to talk to and very level headed." -Corey
"She's direct, really funny and intelligent, and pretty sassy." -Colin


Hannia contributes so much to our store! Thank you Hannia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment