Hi, Pals and Gals--
Your friendly in-store cosmetologist here. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far! I recently had the honor of contributing to Organic Spa Magazine's Blog with several picks for my favorite summer beauty products. You can check out the first five items on my list on Organic Spa's site,
and keep reading below for more of my favorites. All products listed are available right here at Perelandra!
Stay cool and don't forget that sunscreen!
Love & green juice,
6. Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner - natural based self-tanner suitable for face and body. This product builds a gradual, natural looking tan within three days and doesn't have the heavy chemical stink of most self tanners. Bonus? Tantasia has a built in bronzer so you can see where you've applied it, ensuring streak free coverage. Wait at least 15-20 minutes for the bronzer to set in before getting dressed, running, or getting into bed with light colored sheets -- color will transfer with body heat.
7. Love & Toast Fragrance in Pomme Poivre - Notes of vanilla orchid, White musk and notes, Ebony woods punctuate this interesting fragrance. It's well-balanced and neither too sweet nor too musky, and doesn't overpower the senses but does intrigue them.
8. Iwilla Remedy Bug Off Herbal Insect Repellent - I know bug spray isn't necessarily an item you'd readily identify as a "beauty product" but really, is there anything uglier in the summer than limbs covered in red, itchy bumpy bug bites? Mosquitoes love me and I generally hate the smell of bug spray, but this natural insect repellent actually has a light citrus scent with just hints of the citronella and apple cider vinegar base coming through. I met Selima, who is the founder of Iwilla, here at Perelandra when she came in for a demo and hearing about her success with using this formula while traveling all over the world, I picked up a bottle to take on my own vacation and was wowed with the invisible bug shield it seemed to provide.
9. Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask - I love clay masks in the summertime to keep my pores clear and breakouts at bay. Try mixing this mask with Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner and apply to a freshly cleansed and lightly steamed face (if you're too lazy to steam over a sink full of hot water, just apply after a hot shower) and zap all of the impurities and extra oil away!
10. SpaRitual Vegan Nail Polish - This "Big Three Free" nail polish from Orly provides good coverage in just a single coat and dries to a nice, shiny finish that is highly chip resistant. The shorter brushes provides greater control for a neater application and the bottles are recyclable/made from up to 50% recycled materials. Expect long wear and a wide selection of colors--way to keep those tootsies flip flop ready!