At this time of the year, when we spend more time inside eating, drinking, and being cozy, sometimes it’s necessary to detox for a day or two, or even for just a meal amidst so many heavy feasts. This recipe is just what you’ll need when you’re looking for something simple, healthy, and light.
1 cup raw cashews
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1 bunch collard greens
1 carrot, julienned
¼ cup marinated sundried tomatoes
1. Soak the cashews in water and let sit for an hour until softened.
2. Drain cashews and put in blender with nutritional yeast, paprika, salt, juice of the lemon, and 1/3 cup water. Blend for one 1-2 minutes on high until the mixture is smooth.
3. Prepare the collards by removing the hardest part of the stem on each leaf.
4. Julienne the carrots.
5. Cover the leaf with cashew spread, sundried tomatoes, and sliced avocado.
6. Tuck in the sides of the leaves and roll the collard leaf into a wrap.
The spread can be used as a dip in place of hummus or baba ganoush, for veggies, bread, or crackers. This recipe makes about 10 collards wraps worth of cashew spread.